Benefits of Fish Oil for Cats and Dogs
Discover the secret to your pet's longevity and happiness with fish oil, a proven do-it-all supplement! Witness incredible transformations in coat, skin, joints, kidney, and brain health. Don't wait, start enhancing your beloved cat or dog's life with fish oil today!
You may be wondering how Fish Oil can benefit your pet now and in the future. Fish oil is a do-it-all supplement with amazing benefits for cats and dogs to help them live longer and happier.
Did you know that fish oil has been studied in animals more than other dietary supplements? Its effectiveness is proven time and time again.
Let’s start with Omega-3 fatty acids. Fats give your dog twice the amount of energy that carbohydrates and proteins do. The building blocks of fats are called fatty acids. Your pet’s body can not make some fatty acids on its own, so they depend on their diet alone to get them.
These are called essential fatty acids. Essential fatty acids are broken into two groups Omega-3 and Omega-6. They both must be provided in a balanced ratio through the daily diet.
Fish oil is high in Omega-3 fatty acids as Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). EPA & DHA are both important nutrients. For example, DHA is the building block of tissues in the retinal of the eye and in the brain. EPA reduces the damage to cartilage in your pets joints.
Benefits of Fish Oil
- Coat & Skin Health - Omega-3’s can help revitalize damaged skin and fur, making your pets coat shinier and thicker, and helps prevent dry skin and dandruff. By reducing inflammation and increasing hydration, fish oil is great for managing skin conditions from allergies like hot spots!
- Musculoskeletal Health - Provides nutritional support for joint strength and flexibility while reducing inflammation in the joints and throughout the body.
- Helps Kidney Disease - Commonly recommended to combat the symptoms of kidney disease. Fish oil supports kidney health and protects the kidneys from acute and chronic kidney damage.
- Neurological Health - DHA is necessary for brain development in young pets and ongoing cognitive support for our senior furry family members. Fish oil supports your pet’s brain health and function.
- Retinal Health - Fish oil supports your pet’s vision through its high concentrations on DHA and is vital in retinal development.
- Immune System - Omega 3s provides nutritional support for a healthy immune system and response.
Fish Oil for Cats
A lack of fish oil in a cat’s diet can have impacts on their health within a few short months. Fatty acids found in fish oil are necessary for maintaining skin function and structure. If your cat is not getting enough fish oil in their diet, they may look like:
- Red and irritated patches of skin all over the body.
- A dry and dull coat.
- A scaly and dry appearance to the skin.
- Scratching, itching, and rubbing their skin more than usual.
If cats remain deficient for a long period of time they can develop alopecia, secondary pyoderma, painful rashes, or greasy skin.
If your cat is already experiencing these symptoms, you can expect to see improvements within 3 to 8 weeks. Start adding a fish supplement today and your cat can start experiencing all the health benefits.
Fish Oil for Dogs
Dogs usually consume too much omega-6 in their diet. Too much omega-6 in dog’s diets have been linked to arthritis, diabetes, and allergies.
Omega-3’s found in fish oil can be helping reduce the risk of these diseases, plus cognitive issues like depression.
If your dog has a deficiency of omega-3's, they can have symptoms like hot spots, ear infections, and skin and coat problems.
What to Look for in a Fish Oil Supplement
The number one thing to look for when shopping for a fish oil supplement is a high amount of EPA and DHA. Look for a product that comes from wild caught and small fish. Small fish are known to have higher amounts of EPA and DHA, are more sustainable, and are less calories.
Buying a sustainably sourced product ensures that you are not supporting environment damaging fishing practices. Trust a product that is third party tested.
Be careful not to purchase a fish oil that is full of additives and preservatives. Read the label to know you are getting a pure and high quality product.
Giving your pet a fish oil supplement may cause your pet to have lower levels vitamin E. To prevent this, some supplement brands have added vitamin E to their product.
Non-GMO and no artificial colors, dyes or preservatives are things you should watch for. You want to be providing your pet with the highest quality supplement available.
Upgrade Your Pet’s Health the Natural Way
Discover the secrets to your pet's optimal health with Dr. Michelle Dulake's proven methods! Unleash the full potential of their well-being and share in their vibrant life. Don't wait – improve your pet's vitality and longevity today with expert guidance from the trusted veterinarian!
At Fera Pet Organics, we’re committed to using only the most natural high-quality ingredients to keep your furry family members healthy and happy for as long as possible.
We’d love to hear from you! What do you want to learn about next? Do you have any comments or questions? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org!